POSITION: Admission Counselor
REPORTS TO: Director of Admission
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree and minimum of two years admissions experience; familiarity with recruitment and enrollment processes; ability to serve the various constituencies among Point Park University students (freshman and part-time) and ability to build and enhance recruitment programs to improve the matriculation of each constituency of Point Park University. Work occasional evenings/weekends; obtain PA Act 153 clearances (PA State Police Criminal History Report, PA Child Abuse Clearance, FBI Clearance); must have a valid PA driver's license.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Conduct outreach and student recruitment activities, interview and counsel prospective students; review student applications and conduct follow-up activities and managing programs that contribute to the University's enrollment and academic goals.
- Inform prospective applicants of Point Park's program offerings and admission process.
- Within assigned territories, enhance the visibility of Point Park among high schools, community organizations and the region. Appropriately document and report visits and recruitment fairs.
- Encourage interested prospective and admitted students to visit campus.
- Communicate with prospective students according to priorities, via telephone, text, and email regarding admission status, campus visit, scheduled events, etc., and document notes of these communications in JRM.
- Evaluate applications for admission and provide necessary information to Director of Admission.
- Communicate with admitted students about available scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
- Converse with admitted students regarding next steps from admit to matriculation to Point Park University.
- Assist with ongoing projects as assigned within the admission office and delegated among staff. These assignments could include coordinating campus group visits, planning Application Workshop/Open House/Admitted Students Day events, managing the admission travel calendar, among others.
- Liaison to various offices on campus.
- Participate in professional development activities with a special focus on the Pennsylvania Association for College Admission Counseling.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMISSION COUNSELOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.