Director of Marketing - Pittsburgh Playhouse
POSITION: Director of Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Pittsburgh Playhouse
REPORTS TO: Assistant Vice President & Managing Director of the Pittsburgh Playhouse
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Playhouse Director of Marketing will be responsible for overall management and operation of Point Park University’s Pittsburgh Playhouse marketing activities including public relations, audience development, special events, and earned revenue strategies. In addition, the position will work with the Managing Director of the Pittsburgh Playhouse to support contributed revenue strategies especially as it relates to patron contributions and corporate sponsorship. The Playhouse Director of Marketing will lead the operation and administration of these activities to ensure proper alignment with the goals of Point Park University; work in partnership with and the Office of Alumni Engagement and Giving; create and prudently manage the yearly budget for development and marketing; ensure proper financial management; effectively manage the human resources; and assure all activities are consistently presented in a professional, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Experience with arts organization or a demonstrated passion or affinity for the arts.
- Experience developing and managing budgets and hiring, training, developing, and supervising personnel.
- Strong leadership skills; excellent analytical skills; the ability to collaborate effectively with others; and the ability to build and motivate employees.
- Demonstrated experience in collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with fund raising and/or ticketing databases.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a background in marketing, public relations, and/or organizational management. Fundraising experience desired, but not required.
- At least three years of experience in marketing
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Knowledge of development best practices and techniques appropriate for arts organizations.
- Understand the principles of patron loyalty in a seated events business environment.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and internal communication.
- Knowledge of business and financial management.
- Experience in staff, volunteer, and vendor management.
- Computer literacy, advanced MS Office skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategic: Develop marketing plan and support the creation of the development plan with the managing director.
- Implement marketing plan including updating website and social media platforms.
- Administer contract relationships.
- Support implementation of the development plan with the managing director.
- Internal and external communications
- Mentor students
- Resource Management: Effectively monitor all Pittsburgh Playhouse revenue dashboards.
Working Environment: Occasional exposure to objectionable conditions or variations such as those found in variable weather conditions or light industrial settings.
Physical Demands: Job may require lifting light weight objects (1-10 lbs) with no repetitive bending or stooping. Occasionally lift average weight objects (1-10 lbs); Frequent computer use at workstation, up to eight hours per day; Mobility within the office. Ability to walk, sit, stand and climb stairs. Ability to use hands and fingers, to handle office equipment, records and files. Occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel or crouch. Vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read and discern written errors on paper and electronic documents. Ability to talk and hear. Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference – DIRECTOR OF MARKETING - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.