Point Park University’s Conservatory Dance Company opens grand PNC Theatre with Winter Dance Concert Friday, December 7, 2018
“Winter Dance Concert showcases the diversity, strength, versatility and resounding talent of Point Park’s dance students, as they perform the renowned work of these international dance legends.”
“Winter Dance Concert is an incredible lineup of works by world-class choreographers, a truly unique dance experience,” said Ronald Allan-Lindblom, artistic director, Pittsburgh Playhouse. “It fittingly is the first production to open the magnificent PNC Theatre in the new Pittsburgh Playhouse, giving audiences the chance to see an exceptional production in an equally exceptional venue.”
Winter Dance Concert features:
- Art of War by Edwaard Liang
- Chaplin…Then and Now by Tyce Diorio
- Palmeras by Nacho Duato
- Happy Little Things by Aszure Barton
“Winter Dance Concert showcases the diversity, strength, versatility and resounding talent of Point Park’s dance students, as they perform the renowned work of these international dance legends,” said Garfield Lemonius, M.F.A., chair of dance.
Winter Dance Concert runs Dec. 7-16 at the PNC Theatre in the new Pittsburgh Playhouse, 350 Forbes Avenue.
Performances are at 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and at 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Pittsburgh Playhouse box office at 412-392-8000 or visiting www.pittsburghplayhouse.com.
In the News
- "Conservatory Dance Company to christen new PNC Theatre with star-studded production," Pittsburgh City Paper.
- "Point Park dancers plan first show in new Pittsburgh Playhouse," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- "Eight of 2018's most affective local dance performances/productions," Pittsburgh City Paper.