Photos: School of Education Recognizes Graduates at Celebration of Student Teaching Friday, June 9, 2023
"There is just such a strong sense of community in the School of Education," said Shyanne Rippole '21, a graduate of the B.A. in Secondary Education program and an English teacher at Sto-Rox Jr./Sr. High School. "They will root for you and guide you through this time."
This family-like atmosphere is exemplified each spring at the School of Education's Celebration of Student Teaching, an end-of-year tradition that brings together all undergraduate and graduate degree recipients to cheer their accomplishments and share the meaningful experiences they've enjoyed in their programs.
"For all of the students who have completed their degree program and their final semester of student teaching in a school district, it is a great cause for celebration," said Darlene Marnich, Ph.D., founding dean of the School of Education. "Faculty, staff, cooperating teachers from the school districts, student teachers and their loved ones gather for an evening that pays tribute to each person who plays a role in the years it takes to become a certified teacher in Pennsylvania."
- Hannah Burke '23, B.A. in Pre-K to Fourth Grade with dual certification in special education Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Chloe Troutman '23, B.A. in Pre-K to Fourth Grade with dual certification in special education Pre-K to 12th Grade, participant in Point Park's student teaching abroad program in Ireland
- Alexis Bubacz '23, M.Ed. in Special Education
- Anthony Palermo '12 '23, M.Ed. in Pre-K through 4th Grade, (B.A. in Theatre Arts alumnus)
- Josh McCann '18 '23, M.Ed. in Secondary Education, (B.A. in Creative Writing alumnus)
Photos submitted by Elisabeth Ehrlich, Ed.D.
Learn more about the School of Education in the stories and video linked below:
- Faculty Q&A: School of Education Founding Dean Darlene Marnich Honored by Former Student for Fostering Education Excellence
- School of Education Students Gain Classroom Experience Through Faculty's Maker, STEM Research
- Get Career-Ready with: Kaitlyn Caiarelli '24, Elementary Education Major Seeking Dual Certification in Special Education
- Get Career-Ready with: Sophie Jebose '23, Elementary Education Major
More About: graduate education, elementary education, early childhood education, School of Education, success story, faculty, special education, graduate programs, secondary education, ABCTE Program, Ed.D. in leadership and administration, education