Student Center Welcome to the Student Center
The Student Center is committed to providing the finest programs, services and equipment in order to enrich the University's recreational activities for students, staff and alumni. The Student Center offers a variety of facilities and spaces, including:
- Recreational and lounge spaces with billiards, ping pong tables and board games.
- Fitness Center with elliptical machines, treadmills, stationary bikes, indoor track and weight lifting equipment.
- Meeting space (booked through Conference and Event Services)
- The Bike Program is a free program that allows students and members to check out bikes for use during posted hours.
All equipment and workout spaces are thoroughly cleaned each day by staff to provide visitors with the safest workout experience.
The Student Center is open free of charge to all Point Park University students. Faculty, staff and alumni must purchase a membership. Point Park ID is required for entry.
COVID-19 Usage Policies
While the Student Center is open during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all users must adhere to the following rules and regulations inside the building. These rules will be strictly enforced, and anyone not following these policies will have their access to the facilities limited.
- Maintain at least 6 ft of distance between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask when required.
- Wipe down all equipment you have used.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer regularly.
Hours of Operation
The Student Center building is open 24 hours a day.
The 4th floor Fitness Center hours of operation are listed below. Hours are subject to change during breaks and holidays.
Summer 2022 Hours
Monday - Friday
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Spring 2022 Hours
Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday
11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
All Point Park faculty, staff, and students have access to the Student Center building. Students also have access to the programs and fitness center free of charge. Point Park University faculty, staff and alumni may purchase a membership for access to the fitness center.
Guests are not permitted to utilize the fitness center.
- Monthly Membership: $20, payble in cash or by check made payable to Point Park University.
- Membership fees are due on the first day of each month.
- The General Conditions of Use form must be completed online prior to utilizing the fitness center. It is available on PointSync.
Please call 412-392-8024 for more information about fitness center memberships.
Complete with a lounge area with TVs, billiards, board games, and ping pong, the second floor is the perfect place to unwind between classes and in the evening. Equipment is available to be checked out at the fourth floor desk.
- Board games
- Ping Pong
- Study/meeting spaces
The fourth floor is home to our fitness center with a variety of equipment to meet your strength training and cardio workout needs. Equipment includes:
- Free weights
- Indoor running track
- Elliptical machines
- Stationary bikes
- Cable machines
- Jacob's ladder
- Stair master
- Resistance bands (requires Point Park ID for check out)
- Medicine balls
- Foam rollers (requires Point Park ID for check out)
Locks and keys are available to rent for use in the second floor locker rooms; no belongings are allowed on floors or walkways.
The basketball court is only being used for scheduled practices. Basketballs are not available to be checked out.
- The fitness center is for current Point Park University students, as well as faculty, staff and alumni who have purchased a membership. Guests are not permitted to utilize the facility.
- Use of equipment within the facility is at your own risk.
- Report an injury or any damaged equipment to 4th floor desk attendant. If the desk is empty, report to the Student Center Coordinator on duty in room 405.
- Please re-rack your weights and return other equipment to its proper location.
- Please wipe down equipment after use.
- Music must be played through headphones; no speakers are permitted.
- Dropping weights and other misuse of equipment is prohibited.
- The Student Center is not responsible for any lost or stolen property. Locks and keys are available to rent for use in the second floor locker rooms; no belongings are allowed on floors or walkways.
- Fitness center may only be utilized during posted open hours.
- Tobacco use prohibited.
Failure to adhere to posted rules and instructions of staff members may result in a loss of privileges.