You have a mind for business. You have a personality that likes to run the show. Consider our business management degree. You'll take a variety of practical and theoretical courses including accounting, marketing, finance and international business. At the same time, you can explore courses in human resources and production/operations.
By the time you graduate, you'll have a broad knowledge base that will prepare you for a variety of positions in the global marketplace. You can choose to concentrate in one of five areas: marketing, international business, e-business, entrepreneurship or general management.
Alumni ProfileMarketing manager Mackenzie Farone earned a B.S. in business management in 2009. Learn more.
The following degrees, as well as a minor, are offered in the business management program:
- Bachelor of Science (traditional, four year degree)
- Associate in Science (72 credits)
- Post-baccalaureate (Add a business management B.S. degree to a bachelor's degree you have already earned.)
- Minor (Available to current Point Park University students)
Also available is the option for you to transfer in credits and get your B.S. degree in an accelerated Saturday format.
Concentrate in one of the following five areas:
- Marketing - Focus on market applications and their use in the business world. Building upon your general business requirements, you’ll be exposed to various marketing strategies and tactics and will be able to hone your decision-making skills through computer simulations.
- International Business - Open your eyes to the multitude of concepts and market principles that drive today’s competitive global economy. You’ll learn about various geographical markets and how diverse issues impact them.
- E-Business - This concentration will provide you with combination of skills designed for today’s ever-evolving electronic business world. In addition to traditional business classes, you’ll be exposed to both the design and implementation side of the e-business world.
- Entrepreneurship - Gain background and knowledge of the particularly unique issues related to starting your own business or working for a smaller entrepreneurial venture. You'll learn about legal and regulatory issues, the global aspects facing entrepreneurs and advanced applications involving in-depth case studies.
- General Management - In addition to advanced human resource, operations and marketing classes, you will have the opportunity to choose the business courses that will fit in with your own, unique career goals.
You will receive a well-rounded education through Point Park's core curriculum and classes in your major. Some of the courses in the business management program include:
- Business Law
- Corporate Finance
- International Business
- Regulations in the Workplace
- Strategic Planning
- Cross-Cultural Business Management
For a comprehensive list of program requirements and course descriptions, see the course descriptions and the links to the program guides at the top of the page.
With a degree in business management, you will have the option to pursue a career in various industries such as:
- Health care
- Sales management
- Real estate
Business management graduates have the opportunity to work for various organizations such as:
- American Express
- Buchanan Ingersoll
- City of Pittsburgh
- Executive Recruiters
- Heinz USA
- Mine Safety Appliances
- National City Bank of Pittsburgh
- Paragon Solutions, Inc.
- Glaxo SmithKline