Business management major Erika Mangual (pictured above) leads homeless children awareness event.
Major in Business Management at Pittsburgh's Only Downtown University
You have a mind for business. You have a personality that likes to run the show. Consider our business management major. You'll take a variety of practical and theoretical courses including accounting, marketing, finance and international business. At the same time, you can explore courses in human resources and production/operations.
By the time you graduate, you'll have a broad knowledge base that will prepare you for a variety of positions in the global marketplace. You can choose to concentrate in one of five areas: marketing, international business, e-business, entrepreneurship or general management.
Alumni ProfileMarketing manager Mackenzie Farone earned a bachelor's in business management from Point Park.
Business Management Degrees Offered
The following degrees, as well as a minor, are offered in the Bachelor of Science in business management program:
- Bachelor of Science in business management (traditional, four year degree)
- Associate in Science in business management (72 credits)
- Post-baccalaureate in business management (Add a business management B.S. degree to a bachelor's degree you have already earned.)
- Minor in business management (Available to current Point Park University students)
Also available is the option for you to transfer in credits and get your B.S. degree in an accelerated Saturday format.
Concentrate in one of the following five areas:
- Marketing - Focus on market applications and their use in the business world. Building upon your general business requirements, you’ll be exposed to various marketing strategies and tactics and will be able to hone your decision-making skills through computer simulations.
- International Business - Open your eyes to the multitude of concepts and market principles that drive today’s competitive global economy. You’ll learn about various geographical markets and how diverse issues impact them.
- E-Business - This concentration will provide you with combination of skills designed for today’s ever-evolving electronic business world. In addition to traditional business classes, you’ll be exposed to both the design and implementation side of the e-business world.
- Entrepreneurship - Gain background and knowledge of the particularly unique issues related to starting your own business or working for a smaller entrepreneurial venture. You'll learn about legal and regulatory issues, the global aspects facing entrepreneurs and advanced applications involving in-depth case studies.
- General Management - In addition to advanced human resource, operations and marketing classes, you will have the opportunity to choose the business courses that will fit in with your own, unique career goals.
Course Offerings in the Business Management Major
You will receive a well-rounded education through Point Park's core curriculum and classes in your major. Some of the courses in the business management major include:
- Business Law
- Corporate Finance
- International Business
- Regulations in the Workplace
- Strategic Planning
- Cross-Cultural Business Management
For a comprehensive list of program requirements and course descriptions, see the course descriptions and the links to the program guides at the top of the page.
Business Management Careers
With a business management degree, you will have the option to pursue careers in various industries such as:
- Health care
- Sales management
- Real estate
Our Business Management Graduates
Our alumni have landed business management careers working for companies such as:
- American Express
- Buchanan Ingersoll
- City of Pittsburgh
- Executive Recruiters
- Greiner Bio-One North America, Inc.
- Heinz USA
- Mine Safety Appliances
- National City Bank of Pittsburgh
- Paragon Solutions, Inc.
- Glaxo SmithKline