Country music artist Sarah Marince talks to students in the SAEM Recording Business class.
Connecting with Working Professionals in Sports, Arts and Live Entertainment
The student experience in the SAEM major is intense and conducted with high expectations. Every opportunity for working and networking with professionals — both regionally and nationally — is encouraged.
For example, SAEM students attended the 2016 MLB Diversity Summit, the 2016 Association of Performing Arts Presenters Conference in New York City and traveled to Los Angeles for the Pollstar Live! 2017 Music Conference.
In addition, there are industry specific workshops and events on or around campus every semester for SAEM students. Here are some examples:
- "Pittsburgh Pirates Execs Offer SAEM Students Advice on Internships, Networking, Careers"
- "SAEM Class Working With Feld Entertainment Director to Market Monster Jam"
- "Pioneer Records Introduces 'Out of the Woodwork Concert Series'"
- "WYEP Chooses SAEM Program as Partner for ReImagination CD Project for Area Youth"
- "SAEM Students Network with Ticketing Industry Professionals"
- "SAEM Welcomed Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation CEO"
- "SAEM Department Welcomes Former Pirates Owner Kevin McClatchy to Campus"
- "Broadway Actor Gives Students an Inside Talk on the Entertainment Industry"
- "The Business of Creating a Movie"
- "Current TV Trends"
- "Entertainment Economic Forecast"
- "A Look Inside the Music Business"
- "Panelists from Consol Energy Center"
- "PromoWest Stage AE Workshop"
In addition, SAEM students get hands-on, real-world experience assisting with events such as:
- Bon Jovi concert in Pittsburgh
- Bruce Springsteen concert in Pittsburgh
- Maroon 5 concert in Pittsburgh
- Warped Tour, Shania Twain concert
- The Who concert in Pittsburgh
- "Zoo U" with the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
Can you get a job in this field?