Help Applying for Graduate Study at Point Park University
Applying as a graduate student to a U.S. university doesn't have to be complicated — and it's not at Point Park University.
Please contact Point Park University's Office of International Student Services and Enrollment at:
- Phone: 1+(412) 392-4775
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 1+(412) 392-4792
Learn more about
Ours is a simple process, as our ISSE Office serves as a single point of contact, helping you through the entire process – from completing the application, to scholarship review, to immigration documentation and more.
- Completed and signed Application Form or Apply Now Free
- Official transcripts of previous education with English translation. Due to transcript issues, students from Ghana and Nigeria must go through World Education Services for transcript evaluation and verification. NO ELECTRONIC TRANSCRIPTS FROM STUDENTS OR INSTITUTIONS ORIGINATING FROM CAMEROON, GHANA OR NIGERIA WILL BE PROCESSED FOR ACCEPTANCE. For more information please visit World Education Services.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if applicable (Point Park University TOEFL Institutional Code is 2676).
- Two Letters of Recommendation from current, or former, employers or professors
- Personal Statement of Future Goals (two page maximum)
- Current Resume/Vitae
M.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication:
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) score
- Minimum TOEFL score of 570 (88 IBT)
- Minimum TWE or TOEFL Essay score of 5 (out of 6)
IELTS and ELS completion results are not accepted for this program
All other graduate programs:
- Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (79 IBT), OR
Minimum IELTS score of 6.5
Forward all items to:
Point Park University
International Student Services & Enrollment
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1984, U.S.A.
English Language Proficiency
Point Park University, in partnership with ELS Language Center, provides a variety of options in English language instruction, with classes conveniently held on our Point Park campus. Successful completion of academic ELS allows you to matriculate to Point Park without taking the TOEFL or IELTS test to most of our programs.
Point Park University will also accept proof of completion of ELS Language Center's Intensive Level 112 as satisfying requirements for English proficiency-except for MA in Journalism and Mass Communication. Students who have met the university's normal academic requirements but have not satisfied the English requirement may apply for "conditional admission" based upon eventual completion of either the necessary ELS level or one of Point Park's accepted standardized test scores such as TOEFL or IELTS.
To learn more about ELS and the possibility of conditional admission to Point Park University, please visit ELS.