Patrick Mulvihill, D.Ed.
Assistant Professor, Management
- Bachelor of Science, Marketing and Business Administration, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Master of Education, Business Education, Robert Morris University
- Doctor of Education, Administration and Leadership Studies, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Business Communication and Research
- Leadership Confluence of Emotional and Cultural Acumen
- Research Methods and Design
- Organizational Theory
- Organizational Systems
Patrick Mulvihill, D.Ed., teaches undergraduate and graduate courses as an assistant professor of management in the Rowland School of Business. Prior to this position, Mulvihill was an academic information analyst at Point Park and a part-time instructor for both the School of Business and Department of Criminal Justice and Intelligence Studies. In addition, he was co-developer and instructor of Point Park's Allegheny Intermediate Unit Apprenticeship Program. Before that, Mulvihill worked in the roles of administrative systems analyst and technology integration manager at the University and was a guest lecturer for the School of Communication. Before coming to Point Park, Mulvihill was an academic advisor for South University, a technical specialist for PNC Bank and a product coordinator for Fisher Scientific.
- Organizational Development
- Systems Theory
- Qualitative Research
- "Voices of change: A case study documenting the development of an organizations and its culture," ProQuest Dissertations and Theses Global, 2015.
- "Women leading education across continents as a persistent learning organization," co-author, The NIEW Journal, 2013.
- "Marketing, Media and Making Your Pitch," Student in Action Leadership Training Program, Jefferson Awards Foundation, Point Park University, Pittsburgh, Pa., January 2015.
- "Navigating roadblocks: The art and science of conflict resolution," Annual Meeting of the Middle States Association of Collegiate Registrars and Officers of Admission, Harrisburg, Pa., November 2014.
- "The spirit and the flame matter: A descriptive case study of women leading education across continents as a persistent learning organization," co-presenter, Fourth International Women Leading Education Conference, Apam, Ghana, September 2013.
- "Evaluation and Assessment: What to do with your data?" Annual User Meeting for Terra Dotta Higher Education Software, Last Vegas, Nev., April 2013.
- "Developing sustainable initiatives through the fundamentals of marketing," Annual Meeting of the Middle States Association of Collegiate Registrars and Officers of Admission, Harrisburg, Pa., October 2012.
- "Leading the integration of new technology: Science or alchemy?" Indiana University of Pennsylvania Technology Day, Indiana, Pa., April 2012.
Professional Development and Certifications
- Course Delivery Best Practices, The Learning House, 2015
- Quality Matters Certification, Blackboard, 2014
- National Institute of Health, Office of Extramural Research, Protecting Human Research Participants
- Commercial Pilot Rating, Federation Aviation Administration
- Volunteer, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Youth sports coach, YMCA
In the News
- "Point Park conference aims to help returning veterans find jobs," Pittsburgh Business Times, Sept. 23, 2016.
Point Park Features
- "Experiencing Italy: Business Students and Faculty Explore Major Cities and Local Culture," Point Park University website, June 7, 2018.
- "Pitching to Shark Tank: Students Present Bakery Business Idea to Reality Show Producers," Point Park University website, April 5, 2018.
- "Business Students Travel to Disney World for Leadership Seminar Focused on Human Resources," Point Park University website, March 19, 2018.
- "Business Professor Interviews Disney's Former Executive VP of Operations," Point Park University website, Nov. 20, 2017.
- "Campus Event Focuses on Reintegrating Veterans into the Workforce," Point Park University website, April 13, 2016.
- "West Point Grad Discusses Importance of Honorable, Gridiron Leadership," Point Park University website, March 25, 2016.
- "Faculty Profile: Meet Patrick Mulvihill, D.Ed., Visiting Assistant Professor of Business," Point Park University website, Jan. 25, 2016.