Entertainment Management Focus
Additionally, Point Park University's record label, Pioneer Records, is managed by SAEM students who learn about aspects of the music business from record promotion to live concerts. Pioneer Records is unique among colleges and universities in the Pittsburgh region and is housed at Red Caiman Studios, a commercial recording studio in Pittsburgh's Uptown section.
SAEM Alumni Working in Entertainment Management
Our SAEM alumni working in entertainment management include
- Lauren Kachmar, box office supervisor for World Cafe Live
- Max Kovalchuk and Adam Valen, band members of Nevada Color
- Bret Kunash, promotions coordinator for Stage AE
- Nicholas Turgeon, operations supervisor at David L. Lawrence Convention Center/SMG
- Meredith Savage, VIP services coordinator, Madison Square Garden
- Lin Sun, digital accounts coordinator, Warner Music Group
- Adam Sutermaster, event/box office specialist for BOM Advisers
Entertainment Management Faculty, Course Work and Internships
Faculty including Ed Traversari, renowned Pittsburgh concert promoter; Greg Joseph, band member of The Clarks; Amy Cooper, director of marketing for Stage AE; Mark Fritzges, vice president of promotions for Atlantic Records; and Jesse Naus, owner of Red Caiman Studios, bring a wealth of live entertainment business experience into the classroom.
They serve as key mentors to the students, guiding them on how to contribute to growing the next generation of music talent.
Entertainment management course work in the SAEM program includes:
- Business of Concerts and Touring
- Emerging Trends in the Music Industry
- Music Artist Management
- Production Tour Management
- Recording Industry
Additionally, a full-semester internship, working with industry professionals, is required to complete the SAEM degree program. Multiple internships throughout the program are encouraged.
Learn more about the SAEM department.