Transfer Students Welcome to a very transfer-friendly campus
Point Park University has a long history of welcoming students from community colleges, other four-year institutions, and trade and technical schools that offer college credits. We offer a wide range of academic programs to transfer students, but the benefits don't stop there.
Key links for transfer students
Our admissions counselors can help you through all the steps to transfer, including:
- Selecting an academic program
- Reviewing transcripts
- Applying for admission
- Exploring financial aid options
- Registering for classes
Understanding the transfer process
What is a Transfer Applicant?
- A transfer applicant is a student who has successfully completed 12 or more credits at a regionally accredited college, university or technical school.
Should I Attend Full-Time or Part-Time?
- Full-Time Undergraduate Admissions (U.S. citizens or permanent residents who want to take 12 to 18 credits per semester, and who want to attend classes primarily Monday through Friday during the day and evening.) Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships are available for full-time transfer students from a community college.
- Part-Time Undergraduate Admissions (U.S. citizens or permanent residents who want to take 3 to 11 credits per semester primarily attending evening or Saturday classes.)
- Graduate Admissions (U.S. citizens or permanent residents who want to take graduate classes).
- International Admissions (Students from outside the U.S. who want to take 12 to 18 credits per semester, and who want to attend classes primarily Monday through Friday during the day and evening.)
Video: Learn about the transfer student experience at Point Park
- Undergraduate admissions: (412) 392-3430 / 1-800-321-0129 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about life at Point Park
- Student Life
- On-campus Housing
- Student Groups and Activities
- Student Center
- Services for Commuter Students
- Things to do in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Health and Student Services
- Career Development Center
- Generous transfer credits so you can earn your degree sooner
- Scholarships and grants especially for transfer students
- 75 undergraduate majors and academic programs, with small class sizes and faculty experienced in their fields
- A dynamic, urban campus in Downtown Pittsburgh that puts you close to internships and job opportunities.