Family Weekend Registration
Family Weekend 2019 registration is scheduled to be open from Sept. 10-30.
Registration for certain events are subject to early closure if the event sells out.
Registration for Family Weekend 2019 is now closed. Families can still register to participate in the weekend's activities during the scheduled check-in times located on the schedule of events.
Before registering for Family Weekend, read all of the information on this page!
- Visit the Schedule of Events to plan your family's activities and events.
- Discuss your plans with your student to make sure they will be available. Classes, rehearsals, athletic games, jobs, etc. are still taking place, and your student may have obligations they must meet.
Before you arrive, our Resources page has traffic and weather, hotel, and transportation resources that can help you with your pre-travel planning, as well as help get you here.
Once you arrive for Family Weekend
- Check-in will be located in the Pittsburgh Playhouse Lobby on Friday and Lawrence Hall Lobby on Saturday. You will pick up your Welcome Packet (see Check-In and Ticket Pickup below).
- Use the Resources page for dining suggestions, traffic and weather, transportation resources, and community events that may interest your family.
The Family Weekend registration fee is $10 per person (including the Point Park student) and includes admission to the following events and activities:
- Welcome reception
- Dance and theatre performances
- Student film screenings
- Java & Jazz in the Park
- Point Park Family Brunch
The cost of admission to all of the above is covered by the registration fee. All participating family members, including the Point Park student must register and pay the registration fee. Point Park students only performing in the dance/theatre performances, but not participating in any events, are not required to register for Family Weekend.
When registering online you must provide the number of family members attending each activity, including your Point Park student in order that we may have a head count for the events and you receive the tickets you need for activites which require them.
At the time of registration, you may also purchase special event discount tickets for your registered family members. For more information, see Special Event Discount Tickets.
Please note that registration fees and special event discount tickets are non-refundable.
During Family Weekend registration, you will have the option to purchase discount tickets for your registered family members to the venues below.
Please be aware that quantities of these tickets are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. These ticket fees are non-refundable, although tickets are able to be used on other dates. So, if you aren't able to use them during Family Weekend save them for another visit visit to campus, or leave them with your student to use another day with their friends.
You will need to purchase tickets for all family members who wish to visit each venue, including the Point Park student, or you will be required to pay the appropriate posted admission price upon entrance to the venue.Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium - $12/person
- Tickets expire September 2020
- Regular admission: $14-16/person; children under 2 are free
- All active duty, reservists, and veterans of the United States military receive free general admission with proper identification (i.e. military ID, DD-214)
- Zoo members are free, subject to the terms of their membership agreement; for Family Weekend, only purchase tickets for family members not covered under your zoo membership
- Tickets do not expire
- Regular admission: $11.95-$17.95; members and children under 2 are free
Because there are a limited number of tickets for each Family Weekend event, it is important that you register all family members who will be participating in the weekend's events, and report the correct number of participating family members for each event your family wishes to attend. This includes your Point Park student.
Some activities are offered multiple times, such as the dance/theatre performances and the student film screenings, so that we can accommodate as many families as possible at these events. All performances and screenings are the same. While we encourage families to participate as much as they would like in the weekend's festivities, there are a limited number of tickets for these events. So all families have the opportunity to attend the various activities, each family is limited to registering for one performance or viewing, when more than one of the same is offered.
Families who decide not to attend an on-campus event for which they have tickets may turn them in at check-in so other families may use them. Families who would like to attend additional performances or screenings, or obtain tickets to sold out on-campus or off-campus events, should inquire at check-in to see if any tickets may have become available. If there are any empty seats at a performance or screening after all ticketed guests have been seated, we will be happy to seat registered guests without tickets. If there is an additional cost associated with the tickets, such as with the zoo, you will need to pay at check-in by cash or check payable to Point Park University.
Registration for Family Weekend 2019 is online, and is scheduled to be open September 10-30. For the best experience, please follow these steps:
- Discuss your plans with your student to make sure when/if they will be available. Classes, rehearsals, athletic games, jobs, etc. are still taking place, and your student may have obligations they must meet.
- Review the Schedule of Events and plan which events your family will attend so your events don't overlap (some do).
- Read all of the information on this page so you understand the costs, what type of payment is accepted, what is included, ticket limitations, how and when to get your tickets, etc.
- Click on the Register for Family Weekend 2019 link at the bottom of this page. This will take you to the Family Weekend registration portal where you will create a new registration.
- Complete the registration form. Make sure to carefully
- Read all information and instructions
- Provide all requested information
- Register all Family members participating in Family Weekend, including your Point Park student
- Provide the correct number of family members attending each event, up to the number of registered family members. If your Point Park student will be attending an event, they will need to be registered and you will need to include them in your guest count.
- Complete your registration with a credit card payment. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- Once your registration is finalized, a new window will open in your browser confirming this.
- View, print, and/or save your confirmation, which is a pdf file, at this time. This is your only confirmation. A confirmation will not be emailed to you.
Once you submit an online registration for your family, you are not able to make changes to it yourself.
Please contact the Office of Student Engagement to discuss the change(s) and best course of action.
It is important that you check in for Family Weekend and pick up your welcome packet, which will contain all of your tickets and information for the weekend's events.
Lost tickets may not be able to be replaced.
If you do not register and request tickets for your student at the time of registration, tickets may not be available at Check-In, as any tickets remaining after online registration closes are available on a first-come, first-served basis for walk-in registrations and other registered families.
Family Weekend Check-In Schedule
|Friday, Oct. 4th||4 - 8 pm||Pittsburgh Playhouse Lobby|
|Saturday, Oct. 5th||9 am - 12 pm||Lawrence Hall Lobby|
|Saturday, Oct. 5th||3:30 - 5:30 pm||Lawrence Hall Lobby|
Once online registration for Family Weekend has closed, no additional registrations can be accepted prior to Family Weekend. However, walk-in registrations are accepted during Family Weekend, with any remaining tickets available on a first-come, first-served basis. We are only able to accept cash or checks payable to Point Park University for walk-in registrations; no credit cards are able to be accepted.
Walk-In registrations are accepted during Family Weekend Check-In hours:
|Friday, October 4th||4 - 8 pm||Pittsburgh Playhouse Lobby|
|Saturday, October 5th||9 am - 12 pm||Lawrence Hall Lobby|
|Saturday, October 5th||3:30 - 5:30 pm||Lawrence Hall Lobby|
For questions or assistance during the registration or payment process, please contact Conference and Event Services at 412-392-4200 or email@example.com.
For questions or assistance with a completed registration, or questions about a particular event, please contact the Office of Student Engagement at 412-392-3835 or firstname.lastname@example.org.