Point Park is One of First to Offer Early Start B.F.A. + MBA
Point Park University's world-renowned Conservatory of Performing Arts and innovative Rowland School of Business are excited to be one of the first to offer an Early Start Bachelor of Fine Arts and Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management.
The Early Start Program provides B.F.A. Conservatory students an affordable opportunity to earn two degrees in four years plus one additional semester in the summer.
"Ensuring that all students are ready to meet the demands of a dynamic and ever-changing job market is a top priority of faculty and staff at Point Park University," said Garfield Lemonius, M.F.A., COPA dean and artistic director. "We are thrilled to work with the forward-thinking team in the Rowland School of Business and the Center for Student Success to create this program, geared towards preparing our Conservatory students for successful careers."
How the Early Start Program Works
While no business background is required, undergraduate COPA students will be advised to take business-related core courses to prepare them for the MBA program. Those courses include:
- MATH 175 - Elementary Statistics
- HRM 205 - People and the Environment
- ECON 201 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- CMPS 101 - Introduction to Applied Computer Science
Online MBA classes begin the summer before senior year. Students take four courses in the summer, two courses in the fall, two courses in the spring and four courses the summer after senior year.
MBA Program at a Glance
- Fully online, flexible format
- 36 credits
- Courses include: Accounting for Managers, Global Environment of Business, Corporate Finance, Organizational Behavior, Legal Environments of Business, Quantitative Methods, Marketing, Managerial Economics, SAEM Resource and Fiscal Management, Business of Live Entertainment, Applied SAEM Marketing and Special Topics in SAEM
“The Rowland School of Business and Conservatory are following the mission of the University to provide an innovative education to our students by offering an opportunity to accelerate their undergraduate education and complement their knowledge of the arts with business practices and theories," said Archish Maharaja, CFP, CPA/PFS, Ed.D., professor of business and graduate programs director.
Enrollment and Completion Criteria
- Point Park students with a 3.0 or higher GPA may apply for the Early Start Master's Program junior year during their undergraduate studies. Students must maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA throughout the entire program.
- Students must complete MATH 175, HRM 205, ECON 201 and CMPS 101 before beginning MBA courses.
Applicants should submit two letters of recommendation. You do not need to send your Point Park transcript - the Office of Graduate Admission will pull that for you.
Contact the Office of Graduate Admission: email@example.com or 412-392-3808.