Expand Your Dance Career Possibilities
Point Park University's innovative School of Education and world-renowned Conservatory of Performing Arts are proud to be the first in Pennsylvania to offer a Master of Education in PreK-12 Dance Education Certification program, an opportunity for dance professionals to broaden their skillset in teaching the art of dance. With this in-depth, relevant and content-specific certification, dancers who envision a career outside of performance will be well-prepared and competitive in the workforce.
Students eligible for the M.Ed. in PreK-12 Dance Education Certification include current or future Point Park dance students pursuing their Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance, and any student who has earned a B.F.A. or B.A. in dance from other institutions.
A baccalaureate degree in dance is strongly preferred. However, applicants with a baccalaureate degree in another discipline may be considered for admission if they can demonstrate extensive professional investment in the field, such as professional performance or dance pedagogy experience.
Eligible, current Point Park students will be able to start their coursework in Spring 2024.
M.Ed. Program at a Glance
- Fully online, flexible format
- Includes 11 courses, as well as student teaching and a seminar, totaling 42 credits
- A distinctive blend of dance pedagogy and educator core competencies, taught by experienced professors who are skilled at supporting students' needs, career-readiness and quest for artistic excellence
- Students will strengthen their understanding of child development, diverse learning styles, assessment, communication and differentiated learning practices.
"This new program is being offered by one of the best dance programs in the country and is a fantastic opportunity for a student who wants to simultaneously pursue a professional career in dance and also in education. This is a wonderful way for dance students to expand their career options and earn a second degree in a timely manner." – Amil Brothers, current B.F.A./M.Ed. PreK-4 student
Learn More from Our Virtual Info Session
Meet Our Faculty
School of Education and COPA Success Stories
Online Program Details
Point Park’s online programs are offered in a flexible format at an affordable cost. Online courses are 8 weeks long and are always offered asynchronously for your convenience.
Online students have access to the same great benefits as those on campus:
- Point Park faculty with real-world experience.
- Small online class sizes for individualized attention.
- A full spectrum of University resources.
- A student success advisor offering support from application to graduation, who will guide you to successfully complete your degree.
Cohorts begin every semester. Apply now!