Be Ready to Meet the Needs of Today's Inclusive Schools
Our fully online master's degrees cohort programs in special education leading to PreK through 12th grade Pennsylvania teaching certification are designed for educators who want to increase their marketability and prepare more fully to meet the challenges and needs of today's inclusive schools, as well as aspiring educators who are seeking initial special education certification.
We offer two degree options:
- Master of Arts in Special Education with PreK-12th grade certification: 30 credits, designed for certified teachers wishing to add special education certification
- Master of Education in Special Education with PreK-12th grade certification: 42 credits, offered for anyone with a bachelor's degree seeking initial teaching certification in special education
Courses & Topics
Some of the courses in the Master of Arts and Master of Education in special education programs include:
- Special Education and Inclusive Practices
- Culturally Responsive Schools, Teachers and Classrooms
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Instructional/Assistive Technology and Universal Design
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Differentiated Instructional Practices
Through their coursework, students will spend considerable time in K-12 classrooms to satisfy Pennsylvania Department of Education requirements pertaining to field experience and observation hours.
Faculty bring industry experience and expertise to the online classroom
Courses are taught by faculty taught who have years of real-world special education experience as teachers and administrators in the field.Meet the faculty