Experience a Creative, Professional Environment
You want a program that combines your love for technology and the flexibility to learn the multiple skills you need today to have a successful career in multimedia. Our multimedia major includes classes in a rich variety of new technologies and traditional storytelling to teach you to be adept at multimedia, graphic design, web design, digital photography and audio and video technology.
Multimedia majors select a concentration as a course of study:
- Production concentration: explore writing for multimedia, digital photo editing, web publishing and infographics.
- Visual communication concentration: take courses in writing for multimedia, multimedia design, digital photo editing, studio lighting, experimental video and commercial and editorial photo.
Students can work with the print or web editions of The Globe and other student media. They can also join the campus chapters of professional organizations like the Public Relations Student Society of America, Society of Professional Journalists and the American Institute for Graphic Artists.
Multimedia students can also design video and photo pieces for non-profit organizations through work with Wood Street Communications as well as stories for our wire service, The Point Park News Service. These opportunities make it possible for students to publish their work in professional settings starting from their first day of class.
4+1 and Early Start Master's Programs
The School of Communication offers 4+1 and fast track Bachelor/Master's degrees, including:
- Early Start Master's with Rowland School of Business
- 4+1 Master of Arts in Public Relations, Advertising and Social Media
Multimedia Student Experience
With a B.A. degree in multimedia, you will have the option to pursue various career opportunities, such as:
- Graphic Designer
- Social Media Specialist
- Multimedia Reporter/Producer
- Web Content Producer
- Web Editor
- Video Producer