Earn an Undergraduate and Graduate Degree in Five Years in Point Park University's Early Start Program
Point Park University's School of Communication and Rowland School of Business are offering a new opportunity to students to earn two degrees in five years as part of the Early Start Master’s program.
Our distinctive Early Start Master’s program gives students an affordable opportunity to earn both a Bachelor's degree from the School of Communication — and a Master's degree from the Rowland School of Business — in as little as five years.
"This collaboration will provide communication students with an in-depth understanding of the business side of the communication industries," said Bernie Ankney, Ph.D., dean of the School of Communication. "I know that communication graduates with this degree can compete for business-related jobs as well.”
The Early Start program is available to students in the following undergraduate programs: broadcasting, digital journalism, graphic design, multimedia, photography, public relations, advertising and social media and sports communication.
“The Rowland School of Business and School of Communication are following the mission of the University to provide an innovative education to our students by offering an opportunity to accelerate their undergraduate education and complement their knowledge of communication with business practices and theories," said Archish Maharaja, CFP, CPA/PFS, Ed.D., professor of business and graduate programs director.
How the Early Start Program Works
Select an undergraduate major in the School of Communication:
- B.A. in Broadcasting | Degree requirements (choose a concentration in broadcast reporting or broadcast production)
- B.A. in Digital Journalism| Degree requirements
- B.F.A. in Graphic Design | Degree requirements
- B.A. in Multimedia | Degree requirements (choose a concentration in production or visual communication)
- B.F.A. in Photography | Degree requirements
- B.A. in Public Relations, Advertising and Social Media | Degree requirements (choose a concentration in PR and advertising or social media)
- B.A. in Sports Communication | Degree requirements
Next, select a graduate program in the Rowland School of Business:
- M.A. in Organizational Leadership, offered fully online
- MBA, offered on-site and fully online
- M.S. in Health Care Administration and Management, offered fully online
- M.S. in Information Systems and Business Analytics, offered on-site
School of Communication students begin graduate classes senior year as part of the Early Start Master's program, one in the fall and one in the spring semester. The summer after earning their undergraduate degree, students take business courses in the graduate program of their choice, earning a master's degree upon successful completion of coursework and degree requirements.
"Being employable in different areas is important to communication students who will be graduating in the next decade,” said Stephen Tanzilli, J.D., dean of the Rowland School of Business. “When they understand the business side of the house and business concepts, it makes them so much more attractive to potential employers. It also means they can establish their own businesses. It’s an exciting collaboration.”
Enrollment and completion criteria
- Point Park students may apply for the Early Start Master's Program at any point during their undergraduate studies.
- If accepted into the program, students must be a senior undergraduate student with 3.00 or higher GPA to start taking their master's program classes.
- Apply online now.
- Applicants should also submit a current resume and a 500-word statement of purpose which addresses how your professional experience and career goals relate to graduate study. Letters of recommendation are not required, and you do not need to send your Point Park transcript - the Office of Graduate and Online Admissions will pull that for you.
- For more information, contact Nick Poprocky, admissions counselor, Office of Graduate and Online Admissions, at email@example.com or 412-392-3807.