Sports Communication Program Connects Students with Professional Sports Industry
You want a program that prepares you for a career in sports communication with enough flexibility to take on the content-creation and communication needs of any organization. Our broad-based B.A. in sports communication major covers broadcasting, social media and fan engagement, journalism, public relations and advertising and more — equipping you with the skills to be an essential part of the sports industry.
Connections are key, and you will make them through hands-on experience with sports teams in the Pittsburgh region and beyond.
Junior year: students will create content for the ACC Network, as well as through internships and various opportunities with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Pittsburgh Penguins, Pittsburgh Riverhounds, Washington Wild Things, among other organizations.
Senior year: students will have the opportunity to work at an advanced level with our partner sports teams through our innovative co-op program.
4+1 and Early Start Master's Programs
The School of Communication offers 4+1 and fast track Bachelor/Master's degrees, including:
- Early Start Master's with Rowland School of Business
- 4+1 Master of Arts in Public Relations, Advertising and Social Media
Sports Communication Student Experience
With a bachelor's degree in sports communication, you will have the option to pursue various job opportunities, such as:
- Sports Play-by-Play or Color Commentator
- Sports Anchor/Reporter
- Sports Producer
- Sports Photographer
- Sports Video Director
- Esports Specialist/Commentator
- Sports Team Content Creator
- Specialized opportunities with athletic departments and college athletic conferences (PR and advertising, social media, podcasting, etc.)