Residence Hall Move In
You Drive in, We #MoveTheHerd
We want to make your move-in day as stress free as possible, so here's the plan:
- You drive your packed-up vehicle to the Student Center parking lot on campus on your move-in day.
- Our University team unloads your belongings (yes, everything) and takes them to your room.
Your time can now be spent unpacking, arranging your new space and getting settled instead of unloading, waiting for carts and elevators and transporting your items to your room.
There is no catch, but we do need your help to make move-in day run smoothly. Please read all the information that follows and contact the Office of Student Life at 412-392-8026 if you have any questions.
We'll be limbering up and getting ready for your arrival!
Video: The Move-in Experience at Point Park
- Monday, Aug. 24 - COPA and Honors First-Year Students
- Tuesday, Aug. 25 - Arts & Sciences, Business, Communications and Education First-Year Students
- Saturday, Aug. 29 - Upper-Level Students
9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thayer Hall Floors 3 & 6
- Lawrence Hall Floors 15, 16 & 17
- Thayer Hall Floors 5 & 7
- Lawrence Hall Floors 12, 13 & 14
- Thayer Hall Floors 4 & 8
- Lawrence Hall Floors 9, 10 & 11
9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Lawrence Hall Floors 18, 19 & 20
- Boulevard Apartments (both towers) Floors 7 & 8
- Conestoga Hall Floors 6 & 7
- Pioneer Hall Floors 6 & 7
- Boulevard Apartments (both towers) Floors 5 & 6
- Conestoga Hall Floors 4 & 5
- Pioneer Hall Floors 4 & 5
- Boulevard Apartments (both towers) Floors 2, 3 & 4
- Conestoga Hall Floors 2 & 3
- Pioneer Hall Floors 2 & 3
If you have any questions, call the Office of Student Life at 412-392-8026.
You may move in at a different time on your move-in date or any day thereafter; however, you will not have the assistance of the University team for unloading, the use of the Student Center lot or free parking. Please call 412-392-8026 for instructions if you cannot move in at the specified times.
The Student Center is located at 330 Boulevard of the Allies, Pittsburgh, Pa., 15222 (see a Google map with GPS coordinates for the Student Center parking lot). You need to enter the parking lot from the Boulevard of the Allies.
No. Point Park has arranged for free parking at a lot across the river at Highmark Stadium. On move-in day, we provide you with directions to the designated parking, a ticket to access the lot and a free shuttle to transport you from Highmark Stadium to campus. Please see the video below for turn by turn directions to the Highmark Stadium parking lot.
Our free shuttle operates between campus and Highmark Stadium on move-in day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m (hours subject to change).
While the University team is unloading your vehicle, you are directed to the nearby Village Park (or Boulevard Apartments lobby if it is raining). Here you are given your room key, student ID (if you have not received it previously) and other move-in materials.
When packing, we suggest you label all large boxes, suitcases and items with your first and last name. This will help with the accurate transport of your belongings to your room.
We want to make move-in day the best possible experience for you. Hundreds of students are moving onto campus the same day, so there are bound to be a few glitches along the way. Packing a dose of patience and a smile can help.