Residence Hall Move-In
Move-In Changes for 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year's move-in process will follow CDC guidelines. Here's the plan:
- All new students and transfer COPA students will be assigned a move-in date on either August 23, 24 or 25.
- All returning students will be assigned a move-in date on either August 27, 28 or 29.
- A student and no more than two guests will have one hour access to a free parking space in the Student Center parking lot on campus. We know this is a major inconvience, but we are unable to change the two guest limit.
- Make sure to arrive at your designated move-in time.
- Two bins will be provided to help you unload.
- All individual move-in information will be to sent to your permanent address and your Point Park email.
We do need your help to make move-in day run smoothly. Please read all the information that follows and contact the Office of Student Life at 412-392-8026, if you have any questions.
All new students and transfer COPA students will be assigned a move-in date on either August 23, 24 or 25.
All returning students will be assinged a move-in date on either August 27, 28 or 29.
*Note: All students will receive move-in information detailing the exact date and time of their move-in. If you have any questions, call the Office of Student Life at 412-392-8026.
The offical move-in process will take place between 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. on each of the listed move-in days.
This year, we are going to ask everyone to adhere to their given date and time in order to best follow safety guidelines. If you are unable to make your assigned date and time, please:
- Contact the Office of Student Life (412-392-8026).
- Be aware, you will most likely be asked to move in outside move-in process hours.
If you are unable to adhere to your specific move-in date and time, please contact the Office of Student Life (412-392-8026) immediately.
The Student Center is located at 330 Boulevard of the Allies, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 (see a Google map with GPS coordinates for the Student Center parking lot). You need to enter the parking lot from the Boulevard of the Allies.
No. After your one hour unloading period, you will need to park elsewhere to allow other families to safely move in.
Please see our Parking Information page to learn more about parking options near campus.
There will be a check-in table for students. There you will be given your room key, student ID (if you have not received it previously) and other move-in materials.
Due to the nature of our move-in, we are strongly encouraging students to limit the number of items brought to campus.
Additionally, students should not bring large items. These include, but are not limited to: