Jacqueline Sledge earned an organizational leadership degree from Point Park while working for the American Cancer Society.
Complete Your Bachelor's Degree Fully Online or in a Hybrid Format
Are you a people person looking to develop your leadership skills and advance in your career field? Complete your bachelor's degree through our organizational leadership program and develop the knowledge, skills and proficiencies needed in a changing job market.
Accelerated organizational leadership alumna Tyian Battle is the founder of a nonprofit focusing on youth arts.
2013 accelerated organizational leadership alumnus Jeffery Driscoll was promoted to area manager for Greyhound.
Our career-focused leadership organizational leadership program builds on an associate's degree or 60 previously earned credits and can be completed fully online or in a hybrid format (a combination of online and on-campus Saturday classes). For students choosing the hybrid format, Saturday classes are from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. and are generally offered in a seven-week, accelerated format.
Small class sizes and hands-on courses taught by recognized leadership professionals will enable you to immediately incorporate into your job what you are learning in the classroom and contribute to the success of a business, nonprofit or government organization.
Note for non-Pennsylvania residents: Point Park University is required to have authorizations to operate in states outside of Pennsylvania. Once you have applied for admission to Point Park, the University will determine our status for the state where you reside, and an admissions counselor will follow up with you directly on the admissions process.
Key Benefits for the Working Adult
- Option to take classes fully online or in a hybrid format
- Course load of only two classes at a time
- Networking opportunities with other business professionals who are improving their careers with a degree
- Small class sizes to ensure a strong academic experience
- Accessible instructors who were chosen for their real-world experience
Career-Focused Leadership Courses
Some of the courses in the organizational leadership accelerated capstone program include:
- Leading Organization Change
- Career Development and Succession Strategies for Leaders
- Dynamics of Business and Strategy
- Advanced Oral Communication
On-campus classes are conveniently located in West Penn Hall at 14 Wood Street in Downtown Pittsburgh. Classrooms and lounges are designed for the optimum learning experience. The University Center Library is also readily available and equipped with computers and additional locations for study and teamwork.
Enhance Your Leadership Skills
- Cultivate authentic leadership intelligence
- Develop a fluid communication style
- Explore how and why others see the world the way they do
- Enrich and galvanize the people you work with and the organizations you serve
- Be a mentor and servant-leader in your local community and the global community
- Tap into your creative energy
Organizational Leadership Jobs
With a bachelor's degree in organizational leadership, you'll have the option to pursue career opportunities in areas such as:
- Community Outreach
- Employee Relations
- Project Management
- Career Counseling
- Human Resources
- Business Planning
The director of the organizational leadership program is Robert Skertich, Ph.D.