Meet Jacqueline Sledge, a cancer control specialist who earned a bachelor's degree at Point Park in organizational leadership.
Are you a people person looking to develop your leadership skills and advance in your career field? Develop your knowledge and skills in a changing job market to be successful and contribute to the success of a business, nonprofit or government organization.
Our career-focused courses taught by recognized leadership professionals will enable you to immediately incorporate into your job what you are learning in the classroom.
Small class sizes, accelerated and online courses, as well as a course load of only two classes at a time, makes this program a perfect fit for the working professional.
About the program
- Courses are offered in a seven-week, accelerated format which includes classroom and online course work.
- Saturday classes are from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. at our campus located in Downtown Pittsburgh.
Key benefits for the working adult
- Networking opportunities with other business professionals who are improving their careers with a degree
- Small class sizes to ensure a strong academic experience
- Accessible instructors who were chosen for their real-world experience
The organizational leadership program is designed to enable students to develop their knowledge, skills and proficiencies in a changing job market and contribute to students' successes and the success of the businesses, non-profit and government organizations that employ them.
Some of the courses in the organizational leadership accelerated capstone program include:
- Leading Organization Change
- Career Development and Succession Strategies for Leaders
- Dynamics of Business and Strategy
- Advanced Oral Communication
All of your classes are conveniently located in West Penn Hall at 14 Wood Street in Downtown Pittsburgh. Classrooms and lounges are designed for the optimum learning experience. The University Center Library is also readily available and equipped with computers and additional locations for study and teamwork.
Enhance your leadership skills
- Cultivate authentic leadership intelligence
- Develop a fluid communication style
- Explore how and why others see the world the way they do
- Enrich and galvanize the people you work with and the organizations you serve
- Be a mentor and servant-leader in your local community and the global community
- Tap into your creative energy
With a bachelor's degree in organizational leadership, you'll have the option to pursue career opportunities in areas such as:
- Community Outreach
- Employee Relations
- Project Management
- Career Counseling
- Human Resources
- Business Planning
The director of the organizational leadership program is Robert Skertich, Ph.D.