"I enjoyed living on the Honors Program floor because we were truly like a family. We had family movie nights in the lounge every Sunday, and we enjoyed decorating the floor for the holidays, eating together and attending events." — Amber Mole (pictured above), double majoring in accounting and business management
Belong to an Active Community in Thayer Hall
First-year students in the Honors Program have the unique opportunity to live on the Honors Program floor in Thayer Hall.
The Honors Program floor is a living and learning space that allows high-achieving students to build a sense of community and transition smoothly to campus life.
Honors Program Floor Benefits
- Plan community and service-learning projects with an Honors Program mentor.
- Represent the Honors Program floor on the Honors Student Organization executive board.
- Participate in special programming and events.
- Priority registration and reduction in fees for trips, including a visit to the Flight 93 National Memorial, and an Alternative Spring Break trip.
Honors Program Requirements
- Attend an Honors Program early move-in and Introduction to Honors event held at the end of August.
- Participate in a minimum of four Honors Program experiences/activities during the academic year.
Live on the Honors Program Floor
All incoming Honors Program students are eligible for the Honors Program floor. Interested students should indicate their preference for the floor when filling out the freshmen housing and meal plan contract.
About the Honors Program Floor
- Accommodates up to 27 students
- Co-ed floor with community bathrooms (one for men, one for women)
- Mostly double rooms, with two single rooms and three triple rooms
- Mini-lounge with microwave
- Air conditioning
- Free laundry facility