Information and Resources for School Counselors and Educators
School counselors and educators can offer invaluable guidance, ideas and encouragement to high school students who are selecting a college. We invite you to explore our website to learn more about how Point Park University can help your students reach their real-world educational and career goals.
Point Park University
Office of Admissions
- Address: 201 Wood St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Phone: 412-392-3430 / 1-800-321-0129
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 412-392-3902
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Select Saturdays: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Admissions Events
Point Park Codes:
- SAT/College Board: 2676
- ACT: 3530
- FAFSA: 003357
Visit Point Park:
About Point Park
- More than 80 undergraduate majors and academic programs
- Dynamic campus in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Enrollment: More than 4,000 full- and part-time students
- Accomplished faculty; student-to-faculty ratio of 13:1
- Five residence halls, with nearly 1,000 students
- Affordable tuition costs; no differential for out-of-state students
- Generous financial aid; nearly all freshmen receive assistance
- Substantial merit-based scholarships
- More than 50 student clubs and organizations
- 13 men's and women's varsity sports teams competing at the NAIA level
Point Park follows a rolling admissions policy, with no application deadline and no early admission option.
- Minimum freshman admissions requirements
- Recommended curriculum for high school students
- Application process
- Apply online (no application fee)
- Essay requirements
- Admissions frequently asked questions
- Resources for applied and accepted freshmen students
Just for School Counselors and Educators
- Counselor Newsletter: To subscribe, email us with your contact information and school name.
- School Counselor Online Chats: Check our schedule for the next chat.
- Questions: Call 412-392-3430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Point Park 2014 Incoming Freshmen Student Stats
- Average freshman GPA: 3.22 GPA
- Average freshman SAT: 1480
- Average freshman ACT: 22
- Students from 35 states and 10 different countries around the world
- 43 of the 67 Pennsylvania counties are represented
- 401 are female, 232 are male
- Nearly 200 were honor roll students and 136 were members of the National Honor Society
Meet our students: Point Park Profiles
Major: Public Relations and Advertising
Greensburg Salem High School, Greensburg, Pa.
"I chose Point Park because I recognized the unique resources available here due to its location in Downtown Pittsburgh."
Majors: Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Technology
Woodland Hills High School, Pittsburgh, Pa.
"The small class sizes allow for a more personalized experience with the professors and make learning easier."
Majors: Premedical/Preprofessional Studies, Biological Sciences
Allegany High School, Cumberland, Md.
"The professors are definitely dedicated to the students and their classes are very engaging."
Major: Dance, dual concentrations in jazz and ballet
Conservatorio de Castella, San Jose, Costa Rica
"Point Park has taught me to open my mind to new challenges and not be afraid of change."