Robert Derda, M.S.
Assistant Professor, Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management
- Bachelor of Arts, Journalism, Duquesne University
- Master of Science, Leadership concentrating in Sports Leadership, Duquesne University
- Introduction to Sports, Arts and Entertainment
- Career Prep
- Personal Branding and Business Development
- Sports Leadership
- Principles of Marketing
Robert Derda, M.S., assistant professor of sports, arts and entertainment management in the Rowland School of Business at Point Park University, brings 12 years of teaching experience and more than 25 years in professional sports experience to his position. His teaching includes graduate and undergraduate as well as guest speaking in the Rowland School of Business at Point Park University, the A.J. Palumbo School of Business at Duquesne and the University of Pittsburgh College of Business Administration.
Derda's professional background includes full-time work and consultant roles most recently as general manager at Learfield Sports, as well as previously with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Duquesne University athletics, the National Basketball Association, the Women's National Basketball Association, Clear Channel Communications, the Pittsburgh Riverhounds, International Sports Marketing and others. Additionally, he has been invited to present at the National Sports Forum and other conferences and events on sales and career development topics.
- "Life Skills and Career Development," City Charter High School, Feb. 8, 2018.
- Board member, Chuck Cooper Foundation
- Steering committee former member, National Sports Forum
Point Park Features
- "YWCA's Chaz Kellem Inspires Students to Cultivate a Culture of DIversity & Inclusion," Point Park University website, Jan. 18, 2018.