School Counselors and Educators Information and Resources for School Counselors and Educators
School counselors and educators can offer invaluable guidance, ideas and encouragement to high school students who are selecting a college. We invite you to explore our website to learn more about how Point Park University can help your students reach their real-world educational and career goals.
About Point Park
- More than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs offered through the School of Arts and Sciences, School of Business, School of Communication and Conservatory of Performing Arts
- Dynamic campus in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Enrollment: More than 4,000 full- and part-time students
- Accomplished faculty; student-to-faculty ratio of 13:1
- Five residence halls, with nearly 1,000 students
- Affordable tuition costs; no differential for out-of-state students
- Generous financial aid; nearly all freshmen receive assistance
- Substantial merit-based scholarships
- More than 50 student clubs and organizations
- 17 men's and women's varsity sports teams competing at the NAIA level
Point Park follows a rolling admission policy, with no application deadline and no early admission option.
Just for School Counselors and Educators
Point Park 2017 Incoming Freshmen Student Stats
- 897 total full-time freshmen and transfer students from 35 states and 12 countries
- 546 female students, 351 male students
- 48 of the 67 counties in Pennsylvania are represented
- Average GPA: 3.48
- Average SAT: 1011
- Average ACT: 22
Meet our Students: Point Park Profiles
Major: Global Cultural Studies
Freeport High School, Long Island, N.Y.
"What I like about Point Park is that the professors are always there to challenge you even when you want to stay in your comfort zone. This has helped me to grow and get out of my own comfort zone. Also, I have met some really good friends at Point Park."
Central Catholic High School, Pittsburgh, Pa.
"I wouldn't be where I am today without Point Park. The teachers are here to help you, not to help themselves, and I think that’s what is so great about this program. Not to mention the fact that everyone I get to work with is basically theatre royalty."
Majors: Broadcast Reporting and Political Science
The Pennsylvania Cyber Charter High School, Pittsburgh, Pa.
"I absolutely love going to school in Downtown Pittsburgh. It's great to be in a city because you are in the middle of all the action and everything is so convenient. Having the ability to walk to most of Pittsburgh's main attractions is a major plus. There's always so much to do."
Seton La-Salle High School, Pittsburgh, Pa.
"Location and small class sizes were the reasons I chose Point Park. I chose the field of accounting because I have always been a numbers guy and find details fascinating."