Kamryn York, Ed.D.
- Bachelor of Science, Elementary and Kindergarten Education, The Pennsylvania State University
- Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction: Instructional Technology, George Mason University
- Doctor of Education, Leadership and Administration, Point Park University
Technological Literacy in Education (both undergraduate and graduate)
Methods of Mathematics I Grades Pre K-1
Methods of Mathematics II Grades 2-4
Teaching Science and Health in PreK-Grade 4
Building Family Partnerships
Family and Community Diversity
Introduction to the Teaching Profession
Kamryn York, Ed.D., is a lecturer of education at Point Park University. Prior to joining the School of Education as full-time faculty, Dr. York served as the doctoral graduate assistant while completing her doctoral studies at Point Park University.
After earning an initial teaching certification in K-6 education at The Pennsylvania State University, Dr. York started her career as an elementary teacher in Stafford, Va., at Garrisonville Elementary School and in Fairfax, Va., at Anthony T. Lane Elementary School and Island Creek Elementary School. Dr. York received her Master of Education from George Mason University in curriculum and instruction with a focus in instructional technology. She has experience teaching Pre-K through sixth grade, leading as a teacher mentor and working as a behavioral specialist serving children with autism and their families.
At Point Park University, Dr. York teaches courses in the undergraduate and graduate education programs. She primarily focuses on methods courses in the Pre K-4 certification program with a focus on math and science. During the past four years, Dr. York has collaborated with local K-12 school administrators to secure field experiences for preservice teachers. She has experience supervising student teachers and works with faculty members to coordinate the student teaching abroad program and Makerspace Lab initiatives. Dr. York serves as a board member at Kingdom Kid’s Nursery School at Mt. Lebanon Presbyterian Church; Young Life, South Hills and Matt’s Makerspace, Inc.
Publications and Presentations
York, K. (2020). A phenomenological case study: A comprehensive review of a campus-based program student teaching abroad experience (Order No. 27834312). Available from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global: The Humanities and Social Sciences Collection. (2393688314).
- Conference Presenter at The Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators (PACTE), Harrisburg, Pa., 2019.
- Conference Presenter at Point Park University Graduate Students Conference, Pittsburgh, Pa., 2019.
- Conference Presenter at Virginia Society of Technology in Education (VSTE) Conference, Roanoke, Va., 2002.
Professional Board Memberships
- Advisory Board Member for Vice President of Academic Excellence, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Pennsylvania State University
- Kingdom Kid’s Nursery School
- Young Life, South Hills
- Matt’s Makerspace, Inc.
- Point Park Alumni Association
Point Park Features
- "School of Education Alumna Hope Gift '21 Reflects on Value of Youth Mental Health First Aid Training," Point Park University website, Jan. 20, 2022.
- "Point Park University School Of Education Receives National Science Foundation Grant to Support STEM Educator Training," Point Park University website, Nov. 30, 2021.
- "Photos: Point Park's School of Education Opens Matt's Maker Space Lab," Point Park University website, Aug. 31, 2021.
- "Education Alumna Courtney Blocher is a Long-Term Substitute Teacher at Carlynton School District," Point Park University website, March 2, 2021.
- "Point Park University's School of Education Opens Matt's Maker Space Lab," Point Park University website, Feb. 23, 2021.
- "Education Majors Engage with Early Learners at Community Leap Day Event," Point Park University website, March 5, 2020.
- "Education Majors Gain Hands-On International Teaching Experience in Dublin," Point Park University website, Aug. 14, 2019.
- "Teaching Abroad in the Emerald Isle: Education Majors Serve as Student Teachers in Ireland," Point Park University website, April 30, 2019.
- "Second Annual Graduate Students Conference Centers on Diversity-Related Research in Various Fields of Study," Point Park University website, April 8, 2019.
- "Education Majors Work with Elementary Students Across Pittsburgh at Remake Learning Event on Campus," Point Park University website, May 29, 2018.
- "Doctoral Students Discuss Leadership Styles With Pittsburgh Mayor," Point Park University website, Oct. 16, 2017.