Stephen Tanzilli, J.D.
Dean, Rowland School of Business
- Bachelor of Science, Business, Duquesne University
- Juris Doctorate, University of Pittsburgh
- Introduction to Sports, Arts and Entertainment Business
- Career Preparation
- Legal Aspects of Sports, Arts and Entertainment
- Senior Seminar in SAEM
In his role as dean of the Rowland School of Business, Stephen Tanzilli, J.D., has broad oversight of all academic programs, including accounting, business management, economics and finance, HR management, information technology, organizational leadership, public administration, M.B.A., M.S. in health care administration and management and the sports, arts and entertainment management (SAEM) program, which includes such innovative learning efforts such as a dedicated classroom at Stage AEon Pittsburgh's North Shore and Pioneer Records. With expertise in sports management, Tanzilli is the co-founder of the SAEM program, in which he served as a professor and chair.
Tanzilli serves the Rowland School of Business and its dedicated faculty, who work with Point Park University students every day to ensure they are workplace ready. He continually works to create mutually beneficial partnerships with the corporate community and is taking all the necessary steps to continue to transform the Rowland School of Business into a true learning laboratory for the University's students, alumni and the business community.
As dean, Tanzilli's main focus areas include connecting students to the industry through robust internships and Point Park's cooperative educational program while delivering innovative classes and continually assessing academic offerings. His overall goal is to provide students with the practical skill sets they need to be successful not just in the professional arena, but in life as well.
Prior to becoming dean, Tanzilli ran his own sports talent agency, Sports Legends Group, a full-service marketing, finance and law firm for professional athletes. He has worked with players from the Pittsburgh Steelers and other high profile clients. His background includes 12 years of experience with 141 Worldwide Sports and Entertainment where he worked closely with clients such as Coca-Cola, 84 Lumber, Sunoco, TOPPS, ESPN, and Kraft Foods. In addition, Tanzilli has worked with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Johnston Steel Baseball Club, International Sports Marketing and Communicator Sports Marketing.
- Pittsburgh Downtown YMCA
- Friends of the Riverfront
- PA Environmental Council
- Allegheny Alumni of Harvard, Yale and Princeton Club
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
In the News
- "Pittsburgh Knights to compete in world esports tournament," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, July 21, 2018.
- "Americans Could See Credit Scores Boosted This Year," KDKA-TV, June 27, 2017.
- "Point Park Celebrates Multi-Million Business School Investment," WPXI/Our Region's Business, May 2, 2017.
- "Point Park University changes name, adds program," Pittsburgh Tribune Review, April 18, 2017.
- "Point Park names business school," Pittsburgh Business Times, April 18, 2017.
- "Point Park renames business school for largest benefactors," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, April 18, 2017.
- "Brentwood grad Martin focuses on front-end analytics," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, June 29, 2016.
- "Steve Tanzilli: Leading Point Park University Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management Program," Dave Mastovich Podcast, April 27, 2016.
- "Point Park Students Mix Business & Music Through New Record Label," NakYouOut.com, March 31, 2015.
- "Point Park students developing record label," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Feb. 1, 2015.
- "Point Park University's Pioneer Records Primes Students for Careers in Music," WHIRL magazine, Jan. 23, 2015.
- "YouTube stars attract millions of fans with quirky content," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Dec. 5, 2014.
- "Point Park University Experimenting With Google Glass High-Tech Specs," KDKA-TV, April 29, 2014.
- "Lemieux name invaluable to UPMC's planned Cranberry sports complex," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Oct. 4, 2013.
- "SAEM program at Point Park helps students find jobs," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Jan. 24, 2013.
- "Veteran Concert Promoter Introduces Students to the Profession," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Sept. 14, 2012.
- "Pittsburgh Triathlon Sold Out Already," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, July 16, 2011.
- "Students to Learn from Stage AE," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Feb. 10, 2011.
- "Pittsburgh Triathlon Entries Nearly Double," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, July 25, 2009.
Point Park Features
- "University Hosts Inaugural Graduate Student Conference with Capacity Crowd," Point Park University website, April 20, 2018.
- "Dean Steve Tanzilli Leads Innovation in the Rowland School of Business," The Point, Spring 2017 issue.
- "Point Park University Announces the Naming of the Rowland School of Business," Point Park University website, April 18, 2017.
- "SAEM High School Workshop Takes Students on Backstage Tour of Benedum Center, Stage AE," Point Park University website, Aug. 5, 2015.
- "High School Students Taking SAEM 101 Class Raise Over $43k for Pediatric Cancer Research," Point Park University website, April 24, 2015.
- "Point Park Launches a New Artist and New Label, Pioneer Records," The Point, Winter 2015 issue.
- "Associate Professor and Chair Presents at Sport Management Conference," Point Park University website, May 30, 2014.
- "SAEM Department Welcomes Former Pirates Owner Kevin McClatchy to Campus," Point Park University website, Dec. 11, 2013.
- "Renowned Psychologist Talks to SAEM Class About the Business of Sports Psychology," Point Park University website, Oct. 4, 2013.
- "SAEM Program Immerses Business Students in Real-World Education," The Point, Fall 2012 issue.
- "Prospective Students Tour Stage AE at SAEM Workshop," Point Park University website, July 26, 2011.
- "SAEM Students Raise $20,000 at Glitzburgh 2011," Point Park University website, June 29, 2011.
- "SAEM Students Will Have Classes at Stage AE Concert Venue," Point Park University website, Feb. 22, 2011.
- "High School Students Get Crash Course in SAEM Program," Point Park University website, July 30, 2010.