Andrew Conte, M.S.
Andrew Conte, M.S.
Director, Center for Media Innovation
- Office: Center for Media Innovation 111
- Phone: 412-392-8055
- Fax: 412-392-3917
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.S., Journalism, Columbia University
- B.A., American Studies, Dickinson College
Andrew Conte comes to Point Park University from the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, where he was an award-winning investigative journalist. He has spent the past 12 years as a part-time professor at Point Park and director of the Point Park News Service.
- Investigative Reporter, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- Part-Time Professor, Point Park University
- Director, Point Park News Service
- Reporter, Cincinnati Post
- Board Member, The Press Club of Western Pennsylvania
- The Color of Sundays
- All About Roberto Clemente
Selected Awards and Honors
- Spotlight Award, Pennsylvania Society of Professional Journalists
- Ray Sprigle Memorial Award, Press Club of Western Pennsylvania
- William Brewster Styles Award, Scripps Howard Foundation
- Carnegie Science Award, Carnegie Science Center
Point Park Features
- Daylong Events Kickoff Center for Media Innovation Opening
- Center for Media Innovation Welcomes Sarah Koenig to Campus
- Center for Media Innovation a Hub for Students, Local Media and Downtown Community
- Point Park Names Andrew Conte Director of Center for Media Innovation
- Part-Time Professor Andrew Conte Honored by Scripps Howard Foundation
- Andrew Conte Wins Ray Sprigle Memorial Award
- Professor's Book Details Hockey Team's Rebirth
In the News
- "Point Park Students Discuss Impeachment as Senate Trial Kicks Off," WTAE-TV, Jan. 21, 2020.
- "The Pittsburgh Synagogue Shootings: Avoid 'Anniversary' and 'Tragedy' and Don't Name the Shooter," Nieman Reports, October 2019.
- "Journalism as an Act of Bravery and Hope," ReDesigning High School.com, Aug. 13, 2019.
- "Post-Gazette Eliminating 2 Additional Days of Print," KDKA-TV, July 18, 2019.
- "Andrew Conte on Emotion in Media," Newsradio 1020 KDKA, July 14, 2019.
- "Point Park University Launches $20K Mission to Ease Losses in Small-Town Journalism," TribLive.com, May 8, 2019.
- "Pittsburghers Prefer to Get Their Local News from Television, New Study Finds," WESA 90.5-FM, March 27, 2019.
- "Tube City Center Opens in Former McKeesport Daily News Building," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Feb. 12, 2019.
- "KDKA Fires Employee for Tom Brady 'Known Cheater' Graphic," KDKA-TV, Jan. 30, 2019.
- "'The Color of Sundays,' by Andrew Conte, tells Nunn's 'story,'" New Pittsburgh Courier, September 2018.
- "Pitch your story to this new crowd-sourced journalism project and win money to write it," NEXTpittsburgh, May 14, 2018.
- "Finish lines: Andrew Conte," Mt. Lebanon Magazine, March 23, 2017.
- "New book for the younger set details Pirates' legend's life on and off the field," TribLive.com, Jan. 23, 2017.
- "Woman Sues Parents Over Embarrassing Childhood Photos Posted to Facebook," KDKA-TV, Sept. 15, 2016.
- "Why Do You Value Local News?," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Sept. 13, 2016.
- "A Conversation with 'Serial's' Sarah Koenig," WESA 90.5-FM, Sept. 9, 2016.
- "Point Park University to Unveil New Center for Media Innovation," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Sept. 7, 2016.
- "Journalism Remains a Passion Pursuit for Point Park University Students and it's Newest Director," WESA 90.5-FM, May 27, 2016.
The Public Editor column for NEXTpittsburgh.