Teresa Gregory, M.F.A.
Acting Chair, Theatre
Professor, Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management
Coordinator, Assessment and Accreditation in the Rowland School of Business
- A.S., Individual Studies, State University of New York at Morrisville
- B.F.A., Theatre Management with a business minor, Ithaca College
- M.F.A., Theatre Arts, University of California at Los Angeles
- Applied Sports, Arts and Entertainment Finance
- Capstone: Business Models of Sports, Arts and Entertainment
- Career Prep
- City-University Life
- Cooperative Education I & II
- Event Management
- Fundraising and Development
- Fundraising from Crowdfunding to Proposal Writing
- Graduate Internship in SAEM
- Introduction to Sports, Arts and Entertainment Business
- Performing Arts Presenting and Touring
- Producing Commercial and Nonprofit Performing Arts
- SAEM Fiscal and Resource Management
- SAEM Internship I, II & III
Professor Teresa Gregory, MFA, acting chair of theatre, professor and coordinator of assessment and accreditation for the Rowland School of Business, has been in higher education for the past 15 years, including serving as an adjunct professor for the Master of Arts Management program at Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz School of Public Policy. Previously, she was a high-level, results-oriented fundraiser with extensive expertise in all aspects of development and non-profit management. She has been part of the leadership team for such organizations as the California Theatre Council, the Los Angeles Theater Center, Stamford Center for the Arts, StageWest (MA), Tennessee Repertory Theatre and Yale Repertory Theatre. In Pittsburgh, she has worked at the Green Building Alliance and Robert Morris University.
Gregory has taken a leadership role in the University's accreditation activities. She co-chaired Point Park’s Middle States Commission on Higher Education Reaffirmation Committee (2018-2021), and chaired the Rowland School of Business’ International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) from 2019-2021.
Gregory is a member of the Association of Arts Administration Educators and the PCBC Community Advisory Council (WESA/WYEP). Previously, she has served on the Board of the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council, Rebuilding Together South Sound and the Pittsburgh Chapter of the International Association of Fundraising Professionals. For 25 years, she was a Certified Fundraising Professional (CFRE).
Certifications and Professional Memberships
- Member, PCBC Community Advisory Council, 2021-present
- Board member, Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council Board of Directors, 2019-2021
- Certified Fundraising Consultant granted by the International Association of Fundraising Professionals, 1994-2018
- Member, Council for Advancement and Support of Education, 2006-2010
- Strategic Leadership Program, Graduate, University of Washington, 2000
- NashvilleYoung Leaders Council, Alumna, Nashville, Tenn., 1995
- Judge, Gene Kelly Awards, 2010-2019
- Co-chair membership committee, Association of Fundraising Professionals, 2008-2009
- Board member, Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Southwestern Pennsylvania Chapter, 2006-2009
- Chair, Mentoring Program, AFP, Southwestern Pennsylvania Chapter, 2007-2009
- Member, Pittsburgh Planned Giving Council, 2006-2007
- Chair of Public Policy Committee, Southwestern Pennsylvania Chapter, 2006-2007
- Rebuilding Together South Sound, vice president of board and chair of the development committee, 2003-2005
- Board of directors and chair of the development committee for Theatre Puget Sound, Seattle, Wash., 2001- 2002
In the News
- "Newsmaker: Teresa Gregory," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, June 14, 2014.
- "SAEM program at Point Park helps students find jobs," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Jan. 24, 2013.
Point Park Features
- "Point Park University's SAEM Program Celebrates 20th Anniversary," Point Park University website, April 14, 2023.
- "SAEM Major Lacey Muto '24 is a Creative Services Intern at KDKA," Point Park University website, Dec. 2, 2022.
- "SAEM Alumnus Travis Johnston '15 Lands Role with the NCAA," Point Park University website, June 3, 2022.
- "Spotlight on the Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management Major: A Q&A with SAEM Faculty," Point Park University website, June 3, 2020.
- "President of Dare Enterprises Speaks to SAEM Business Models Class," Point Park University website, March 22, 2018.
- "NYC Trip Has SAEM Students Exploring Career Paths, Networking With Alumni in the City," Point Park University website, March 24, 2016.
- "SAEM Professor Earns Recertification as a Fundraising Executive," Point Park University website, Feb. 24, 2016.
- "SAEM High School Workshop Takes Students on Backstage Tour of Benedum Center, Stage AE," Point Park University website, Aug. 5, 2015.
- "SAEM Professor Presents at Arts Administration Conference in Montreal," Point Park University website, June 4, 2014.
- "Hollywood Producer of the 'The Chair' Visits SAEM Fundraising Class," Point Park University website, April 22, 2014.
- "SAEM Students Gain Event Management Experience Co-Hosting 'Zoo U' With the Pittsburgh Zoo," Point Park University website, April 26, 2012.
- "SAEM Students Network with Arts Professionals in NYC at Conference on Arts Management," Point Park University website, February 29, 2012.
- "SAEM Instructor to Host Workshop on Using Online Tools in For Fundraising," Point Park University website, Aug. 23, 2011.