Edward Scott, Ph.D., CPA
Part-Time Assistant Professor, Accounting and Finance
- Email: email@example.com
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Point Park University
- Executive MBA, Texas Christian University
- Ph.D., Oklahoma State University
- Introductory Accounting I and II
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Managerial Accounting
- Accounting for Managers
- Corporate Finance
- Business Analytics (MBA)
Edward Scott, CPA, MBA, is a part-time assistant professor in the Rowland School of Business at Point Park University. Scott teaches undergraduate and graduate accounting and finance classes.
Scott began his career in accounting as a staff auditor at Deloitte & Touche. He also taught accounting in Pittsburgh for six years at Allegheny Community College. A former president of the Pittsburgh chapter of the National Association of Black Accountants, Scott later became accounting manager and economic development officer at the Urban Redevelopment Authority, then finance director at the Housing Authority, for the City of Pittsburgh. Scott left Pittsburgh in 1998 to become capital investment accounting director for Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway, one of the two largest railroads in the United States. He went on to assume executive positions for the Kansas City Southern Railroad, where he had the opportunity to expand his accounting expertise into the area of procurement.
Leadership Experience and Professional Activities
- National Association of Black Accountants, past president of Pittsburgh Chapter
- Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Diverse Business Connection program, Board of Advisors
- Holy Family Institute in Pittsburgh, Pa., Board of Trustees
In the News
- "Accounting for more diversity in workforce," Pittsburgh Business Times, June 5, 2015.
- "Education programs adjust to new state rules," Pittsburgh Business Times, Aug. 1, 2014.
- "Coffee With...Ed Scott," Building Bridges for Business, Dec. 9, 2013.
- "Point Park Opens Doors to Finance, Accounting," New Pittsburgh Courier, July 17, 2013.
- "Point Park Launches Urban Accounting Initiative," New Pittsburgh Courier, June 15, 2012.
Point Park Features
- "Accounting Career Awareness Program Welcomes High School Students From Across Pennsylvania," Point Park University website, July 9, 2018.
- "Point Park Marks Fifth Year of Hosting High School Accounting Career Awareness Program," Point Park University website, July 11, 2017.
- "ACAP Exposes High School Students to Accounting Careers and Professionals," Point Park University website, July 12, 2016.
- "High School Students Spend Week at Point Park Learning About the Accounting Profession," Point Park University website, July 6, 2015.
- "Students Showcase Their Business Knowledge in Chair's Challenge Case Competition," Point Park University website, April 17, 2015.
- "Meet Edward Scott, George Rowland White Endowed Professor in Accounting and Finance," Point Park University website, June 10, 2014.
- "Point Park Hosts First Accounting Career Awareness Program," Point Park University website, Aug. 1, 2013.
- "Student Accounting Association Tours CPA Firm Schneider Downs," Point Park University website, April 15, 2013.
- "Alumnus Ed Scott Appointed to New Endowed Chair in Business," The Point, Fall 2012.