Andrew Conte, Ph.D.
Andrew Conte, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Media Innovation
- Office: Center for Media Innovation 111
- Phone: 412-392-8055
- Fax: 412-392-3917
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D., Community Engagement, Point Park University
- M.S., Journalism, Columbia University
- B.A., American Studies, Dickinson College
Andrew Conte comes to Point Park University from the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, where he was an award-winning investigative journalist. He has spent the past 12 years as a part-time professor at Point Park and director of the Point Park News Service.
In May 2016 Conte was named the director of the University's new Center for Media Innovation. He is an author and was a contributing writer for the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Investigative Reporter, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- Part-Time Professor, Point Park University
- Director, Point Park News Service
- Reporter, Cincinnati Post
- Board Member, The Press Club of Western Pennsylvania
- Death of the Daily News
- The Color of Sundays
- All About Roberto Clemente
Selected Awards and Honors
- Spotlight Award, Pennsylvania Society of Professional Journalists
- Ray Sprigle Memorial Award, Press Club of Western Pennsylvania
- William Brewster Styles Award, Scripps Howard Foundation
- Carnegie Science Award, Carnegie Science Center
Point Park Features
- Journalism Faculty Prepare Students to be Well-Rounded Storytellers, Equip Graduates to Thrive in Careers
- Daylong Events Kickoff Center for Media Innovation Opening
- Center for Media Innovation Welcomes Sarah Koenig to Campus
- Center for Media Innovation a Hub for Students, Local Media and Downtown Community
- Point Park Names Andrew Conte Director of Center for Media Innovation
- Part-Time Professor Andrew Conte Honored by Scripps Howard Foundation
- Andrew Conte Wins Ray Sprigle Memorial Award
- Professor's Book Details Hockey Team's Rebirth
In the News
- "Point Park Study: 'Renegade' Actually Does Help the Steelers Win," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Sept. 2, 2022.
- "A Civic Duty for Today's News Consumer: Identify Fake News," Pittsburgh City Paper, Oct. 22, 2020.
- "Professor Criticizes Bob Woodward for Waiting to Reveal President Trump's Alleged Comments on Downplaying Coronavirus," KDKA-TV, Sept. 9, 2020.
- "Union Representing Post-Gazette Journalists to Take Strike Vote," KDKA-TV, July 30, 2020.
- "Point Park Students Discuss Impeachment as Senate Trial Kicks Off," WTAE-TV, Jan. 21, 2020.
- "The Pittsburgh Synagogue Shootings: Avoid 'Anniversary' and 'Tragedy' and Don't Name the Shooter," Nieman Reports, October 2019.
- "Journalism as an Act of Bravery and Hope," ReDesigning High School.com, Aug. 13, 2019.
- "Post-Gazette Eliminating 2 Additional Days of Print," KDKA-TV, July 18, 2019.
- "Andrew Conte on Emotion in Media," Newsradio 1020 KDKA, July 14, 2019.
- "Point Park University Launches $20K Mission to Ease Losses in Small-Town Journalism," TribLive.com, May 8, 2019.
- "Pittsburghers Prefer to Get Their Local News from Television, New Study Finds," WESA 90.5-FM, March 27, 2019.
- "Tube City Center Opens in Former McKeesport Daily News Building," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Feb. 12, 2019.
- "KDKA Fires Employee for Tom Brady 'Known Cheater' Graphic," KDKA-TV, Jan. 30, 2019.
- "'The Color of Sundays,' by Andrew Conte, tells Nunn's 'story,'" New Pittsburgh Courier, September 2018.
- "Pitch your story to this new crowd-sourced journalism project and win money to write it," NEXTpittsburgh, May 14, 2018.
- "Finish lines: Andrew Conte," Mt. Lebanon Magazine, March 23, 2017.
- "New book for the younger set details Pirates' legend's life on and off the field," TribLive.com, Jan. 23, 2017.
- "Woman Sues Parents Over Embarrassing Childhood Photos Posted to Facebook," KDKA-TV, Sept. 15, 2016.
- "Why Do You Value Local News?," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Sept. 13, 2016.
- "A Conversation with 'Serial's' Sarah Koenig," WESA 90.5-FM, Sept. 9, 2016.
- "Point Park University to Unveil New Center for Media Innovation," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Sept. 7, 2016.
- "Journalism Remains a Passion Pursuit for Point Park University Students and it's Newest Director," WESA 90.5-FM, May 27, 2016.
On Media column for NEXTpittsburgh.