Point Park Students Take on Variety of Internships this Summer Wednesday, June 26, 2013
From the Pittsburgh Pirates and Toonseum to Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival and the Bayer Corporation, Point Park University students are gaining real-world, work experience related to their majors through the internships they landed this summer.
With the city of Pittsburgh as its campus, Point Park strongly encourages students to pursue multiple internships. Many of these internship opportunities develop through connections from Point Park's faculty members and Career Development Center.
Below is a sampling of where students throughout the University are interning this summer.
- Stephanie Driscoll, sport, arts and entertainment management, The Lemieux Foundation, Downtown Pittsburgh
- Kathryn Jones, double majoring in public relations and advertising and multimedia, Toonseum, Downtown Pittsburgh
- Sara Payne, double majoring in journalism and global cultural studies, Pittsburgh Downtown Community Development Corporation, Downtown Pittsburgh
- Evan Schall, double majoring in business management and sport, arts and entertainment management, Pittsburgh Pirates, North Shore, Pittsburgh
- Marina Weis, double majoring in journalism and multimedia, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Downtown Pittsburgh
- Rachel Winkler, sport, arts and entertainment management, Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival, Beckett, Mass.
For information regarding internship and career opportunities, visit the Career Development Center's Student Career Opportunities and Support page.