Helena Knorr, Ph.D.
Professor, Organizational Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts, Universidad del Pais Vasco
- Master of Education, University of Minnesota
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Minnesota
- Organizational Systems
- Ethical Leadership and Sustainable Organizations
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Interpersonal Communications for Leaders
- Women in Leadership
- Leading in Diverse Communities
- Gender and Power
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
Helena Knörr, Ph.D, is a professor in the Rowland School of Business. She launched Point Park University's Master of Arts in leadership degree and served as director of the program from 2006-2007. Currently, she teaches courses in the MBA and undergraduate organizational leadership programs at Point Park.
An inveterate passionate traveler, Knörr worked several years in Spain and the United States. She holds a Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota, specializing in human resource development. In addition, Knörr serves as a reviewer and consulting editor for several peer-reviewed journals and professional organizations.
- Co-authored "Motivations and differences upon reconciling professional and personal life: An empirical study of businesswomen and businessmen in the Valencian Community," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Sept. 2011.
- "Developing the female entrepreneur from a Human Resource Management perspective: Lessons from women who reached top management," International Journal of Manpower, 2011.
- Co-authored "Employee extra-role job behavior: A perspective from the direct and indirect consequences of supervisor's ethical leadership" published in Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, 2011.
- "Values, Ethics and Sustainable Development of Businesses," Second International Meeting in Entrepreneurship Development, Mexico City, Mexico, June 2014.
- "Emerging Leaders," Point Park University M.A. in organizational leadership program seminar, March 27, 2014.
- "Developing Women Leaders and Entrepreneurs," Red EmprendeSur international conference, Medellín, Columbia, October 2013.
- "Understanding the career development experiences of women entrepreneurs," 2012 Conference of the International Network of Business and Management Journals, Valencia, Spain.
- Presented workshop on "Women Entrepreneurs" at the Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona.
- Presented workshop on "Madrid Conflict Resolution and Negotiation Skills" at Universidad Politecnica de Madrid.
- "Young entrepreneurs innovate in Europe, what makes them different?" and "From employees to entrepreneurs: the relevance of virtues," 2010 Conference of the International Network of Business and Management Journals, Valencia, Spain.
- Women in leadership
- Career development
- Organization development
- Organization culture
- Ethics in the workplace
- Work-family balance
In the News
- "Three pieces of advice from Mexico to the world," Forbes Mexico, June 29, 2014.
- "VII Workshop Medellín Un Espacio Para Emprendimiento Y La Innovación," TVNtucanal, Oct. 4, 2013.
- "Cuando emprender tiene apellido social," El Colombiano, Oct. 4, 2013.
- "Helena Knörr, Panelista del VII Workshop," Alfanoticias, Sept. 27, 2013.
- "Viva Una Experiencia Única. Global. Desde Su Casa," doinGlobal, October 2013.
- "Newsmaker: Helena Knörr," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, April 4, 2013.
- "Point Park University sends professors to students," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Sept. 2, 2012.
- "A 'Lost Boy of the Sudan' Talks New Documentary," CBS Pittsburgh, April 17, 2012.
Point Park Features
- "University in Ecuador Welcomes Back Organizational Leadership Professor Helena Knorr as Presenter," Point Park University website, Sept. 19, 2018.
- "Organizational Leadership Professor Leads Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship Workshop in Ecuador," Point Park University website, April 25, 2018.
- "South Sudan Native, Business Alum Recounts His Refugee Story at Center for Media Innovation," Point Park University website, Feb. 24, 2017.
- "Campus Event Focuses on Reintegrating Veterans into the Workforce," Point Park University website, April 13, 2016.
- "Professor Presents Workshops in Spain for International Women's Day," Point Park University website, March 25, 2016.
- "Catalysts for Change: M.A. Leadership Students Create Workshops to Improve Communities," Point Park University website, Jan. 11, 2016.
- "Leadership Professor Selected by Euroleague Basketball to Teach Yoga to Youth in Spain," Point Park University website, Jan. 11, 2016.
- "Organizational Leadership Professor Helena Knörr Presents in Mexico City," Point Park University website, June 30, 2014.
- "Point Park Professors Discuss Global Immigration Issues at Faculty Colloquium," Point Park University website, April 28, 2014.
- "Helena Knörr Teaches Students to be Agents of Change," The Point, Fall 2013 issue.
- "M.A. Organizational Leadership Student Honored by the PA Institute of Certified Public Accountants," Point Park University website, Dec. 5, 2012.
- "Assistant Professor Helena Knörr to Discuss Worldviews of Women's Education," Point Park University website, March 23, 2012.
- "Alumna Rachael Otieno Helps Launch Non-Profit in Kenya," Point Park University website, May 19, 2011.