Students Gain Workplace Experience, Make Industry Connections During Summer Internships Friday, September 25, 2015
From the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review and KDKA-TV to Ernst & Young and First Niagara Pavilion, Point Park University students gained a variety of knowledge and skills related to their majors through the impressive internships and other career-related experiences they took on this summer.
Internships are strongly encouraged at Point Park, which emphasizes real-world experiences coupled with a rigorous academic curriculum. Many internship opportunities develop through Point Park faculty members, the Career Development Center and internship and career fairs held on campus.
Check out where some of our students gained career-related experience during the summer of 2015:
- Destiny Medina , Ernst & Young, Downtown Pittsburgh
- Aubrey Henken , WQED Multimedia, Oakland, Pa.
- Brittany Lauffer , KDKA-TV, Downtown Pittsburgh
- Blaine King and Don Noel Ranasinghe, Washington Wild Things, Washington, Pa.
- Ben Katz , Prudential, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Andrew Rauluk , Neighborhood Learning Alliance, Downtown Pittsburgh
- Phillip Poupore , Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Jennifer Arfsten , Summer Shakespeare Intensive at the London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art, London, England
- Liz Berie , Pittsburgh Riverhounds, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Brian Smith , GNC, Downtown Pittsburgh
- Tony Zoroya , Allegheny County Fire Academy, Allison Park, Pa.
Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management
- Colten Gill , Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership, Downtown Pittsburgh
- Five students intern for First Niagara Pavillion , Live Nation, Burgettstown, Pa.
- SAEM students go behind the scenes of Warped Tour, Shania Twain, Smokey Robinson and Barbershop Quartet concerts, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Claire Daniels and Tucker Topel , Prague Quadrennial, Prague, Czech Republic
More About: public administration, theatre production, broadcast reporting, broadcast reporting, psychology, accounting, photography, internships, journalism, musical theatre, business management, Downtown Pittsburgh, sports, arts and entertainment management, education, Career Development Center, stage-management, broadcast production and media management